What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:08 pm

I remember there used to be a thread like this before the wipeout. Just list like all the genres or musicians you listen to that are not lolicore. I'll list genres

breakcore, speedcore, splittercore, extratone, shitcore, shit funk(like cybergrind/speedcore/horrorcore/hip-hop), cybergrind, loligrind (almost lolicore lol), noisegrind, goregrind, gorenoise, noise, ambient, dark ambient, instrumental hip-hop, minimal, micro sound, idm, drill and bass, drum and bass, chiptune, nesbm, drone metal, post black metal, atmospheric black metal, post-rock, tropical (type of like house/synthpop), techno, acid, house, acid house, minimal techno, braindance, futurism, glitch, glitchcore, field recordings, experimental, dubstep, grime, breakbeat, electro, abstract, turntablism, gabber, hardcore, nintendocore, vaporwave, mallsoft, mashcore, raggacore, samplecore, industrial, ebm, asian folk music (not Japanese)

I'm probably forgetting some genres but that's a good sum of it

_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sherkel on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:29 pm

- Touhou soundtracks (favorites are PoFV, PoDD, and EoSD)
- J-Core (my favorite producers are kenta-v.ez., Betwixt & Between, and Noizenecio)
- Various doujin stuff (lots of Touhou arranges, favorite circles are IOSYS, DDBY, Halozy, Alstroemeria Records, and some others)
- VGM (Ace Attorney, Pokemon, Tales of, and various 8 bit games)
I'd say that about covers it for me.
avatar
Sherkel
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Oh yeah OSTs I forgot to list that. I have some anime OST CDs a Popotan one and an Ergo Proxy one.

_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  adsmz on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:57 am

I listen to a lot of post music. Some Godspeed You! Black Emperor, some World's End Girlfriend, some Fuck Buttons, stuff like that. I'm into /mu/core a lote more than I should be.

Also drones, metal, post hardcore, post punk, ambient, dark ambient, liquid dubstep, harsh noise wall, poweeer electronics, and generally experimental shit. And Die Antwoord.
avatar
adsmz
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 271
Join date : 2013-08-27
Age : 24
Location : Oakland, Michigan

View user profile http://adsmz.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Post music is the bomb~! I randomly looked up post-country yesterday and that wasn't too hot tho lolol. There is a really good like "ambient country" song tho by Zoviet France


_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  lolirolla on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:59 pm

witch house, hip-hop, breakcore, noise, seapunk, plunderphonics, chiptune, gabber, happy hardcore, jungle/dnb, garage, hardcore punk, ska, trap, moombahton, house, oldschool techno, uk hardcore, idm (as much as i hate the term), j-pop, folk rock, noise rock, shoegaze, dream pop, folk punk, ambient, jazzpunk, vaporwave, funk, electro, turntablism

ive been blasting this for close to two hours now:
avatar
lolirolla
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 235
Join date : 2013-12-15
Age : 18
Location : Shiroiwa-cho, Kagawa, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:33 pm

What's wrong with the name intelligent dance music?

_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  lolirolla on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Himeko Katagiri wrote:What's wrong with the name intelligent dance music?
it sounds really pretentious and telling people that i listen to "intelligent dance music" sounds like im trying to say "see i listen to 'intelligent' music look how much smarter i am lol"


"dance music" also doesn't apply to a lot of stuff that gets the name idm (autechre is a prime example)
avatar
lolirolla
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 235
Join date : 2013-12-15
Age : 18
Location : Shiroiwa-cho, Kagawa, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sherkel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:00 pm

I suppose just calling it "IDM" is the way to go then.
avatar
Sherkel
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  lolirolla on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:03 pm

Sherkel wrote:I suppose just calling it "IDM" is the way to go then.
it's technically the same thing lol
avatar
lolirolla
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 235
Join date : 2013-12-15
Age : 18
Location : Shiroiwa-cho, Kagawa, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sherkel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:05 pm

lolirolla wrote:
Sherkel wrote:I suppose just calling it "IDM" is the way to go then.
it's technically the same thing lol
Exactly, people will know what you mean but you won't sound pretentious.
avatar
Sherkel
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:07 pm

lolirolla wrote:
Himeko Katagiri wrote:What's wrong with the name intelligent dance music?
it sounds really pretentious and telling people that i listen to "intelligent dance music" sounds like im trying to say "see i listen to 'intelligent' music look how much smarter i am lol"


"dance music" also doesn't apply to a lot of stuff that gets the name idm (autechre is a prime example)

There's lots of IDM that would be really difficult if even possible to dance too. Like the tracks on Venetian Snares's Huge Chrome Cylinder Box Unfolding and Otto Von Schirach's 8000 B.C.

yeah it does sound pretentious to say that but it lets people make silly titles like idiot dance music and intelligent dancecore music lol

_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sherkel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:13 pm

Haha now I'm refreshing on this http://www.acronym-maker.com/generate/?w=IDM&wl=0 :P
avatar
Sherkel
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:20 pm

invasive dick music

_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sherkel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Himeko Katagiri wrote:invasive dick music
LMAOOO
avatar
Sherkel
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  lolrawr on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:53 pm

Breakcore, Speedcore, DnB, Trap, Hip-Hop, and anything else that is fast or has an interesting beat.
avatar
lolrawr
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 220
Join date : 2012-08-23
Age : 25
Location : On the bed~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:17 pm

lolrawr wrote:Breakcore, Speedcore, DnB, Trap, Hip-Hop, and anything else that is fast or has an interesting beat.

What about extratone? That's pretty fast  Smile 

_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sherkel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Himeko Katagiri wrote:
lolrawr wrote:Breakcore, Speedcore, DnB, Trap, Hip-Hop, and anything else that is fast or has an interesting beat.

What about extratone? That's pretty fast  Smile 
Ah, I love extratone. Psycho Filth Records has some great tracks.
avatar
Sherkel
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:23 pm

I used to know this one dude that made insanely fast extratone so fast it literally became a tone the stuff sounds like sinewaves. Then he started making classical music then vanished

_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  lolirolla on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Himeko Katagiri wrote:I used to know this one dude that made insanely fast extratone so fast it literally became a tone the stuff sounds like sinewaves. Then he started making classical music then vanished
this is the greatest story i've eve read
avatar
lolirolla
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 235
Join date : 2013-12-15
Age : 18
Location : Shiroiwa-cho, Kagawa, Japan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sherkel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Himeko Katagiri wrote:I used to know this one dude that made insanely fast extratone so fast it literally became a tone the stuff sounds like sinewaves. Then he started making classical music then vanished
Holy shit wow. Is any of his stuff out there anywhere?
avatar
Sherkel
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Did I mention he wore a hockey mask, did tons of drugs, and made songs about the moon?

His aliases were Distortion and SK (or something like that) so it would be impossible to find if they are up somewhere. He did have a song on HxCx Destroyers Vol. 1, the compilation DJ D1ed and I made when I first started making lolicore. No idea if that's still available lol

You can look at the discogs and wish you had it tho  Very Happy  Very Happy 

http://www.discogs.com/Various-HxCx-Destroyers-Vol-1/release/3947444

_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sherkel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:37 pm

Himeko Katagiri wrote:Did I mention he wore a hockey mask, did tons of drugs, and made songs about the moon?

His aliases were Distortion and SK (or something like that) so it would be impossible to find if they are up somewhere. He did have a song on HxCx Destroyers Vol. 1, the compilation DJ D1ed and I made when I first started making lolicore. No idea if that's still available lol

You can look at the discogs and wish you had it tho  Very Happy  Very Happy 

http://www.discogs.com/Various-HxCx-Destroyers-Vol-1/release/3947444
It's available here: https://www.lolicore.ch/archive/Not%20On%20Label/HxCx%20Destroyers%20Vol.%201/
avatar
Sherkel
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Himeko Katagiri on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 pm

Sherkel wrote:
Himeko Katagiri wrote:Did I mention he wore a hockey mask, did tons of drugs, and made songs about the moon?

His aliases were Distortion and SK (or something like that) so it would be impossible to find if they are up somewhere. He did have a song on HxCx Destroyers Vol. 1, the compilation DJ D1ed and I made when I first started making lolicore. No idea if that's still available lol

You can look at the discogs and wish you had it tho  Very Happy  Very Happy 

http://www.discogs.com/Various-HxCx-Destroyers-Vol-1/release/3947444
It's available here: https://www.lolicore.ch/archive/Not%20On%20Label/HxCx%20Destroyers%20Vol.%201/

well don't listen to my songs on it they suck sooooo much

_________________
avatar
Himeko Katagiri
Otaku
Otaku

Posts : 534
Join date : 2012-04-05
Age : 22
Location : San Francisco Bay Area

View user profile http://soundcloud.com/himeko_katagiri

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sherkel on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:39 pm

Alright. I'm listening to Distortion's track right now...pretty crazy!
avatar
Sherkel
Good Poster
Good Poster

Posts : 303
Join date : 2013-06-21
Age : 22
Location : Massachusetts

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: What music do you listen too that's not lolicore?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum